Course silver service UK
Our popular Course silver service UK run all year because our teachers travel to you or your place of work. Call us today on: +442032900142 or email email@example.com
Impressively, our Course silver service UK is available all year around. Of course, we are based in central London and offer traveling teachers all year around. They will come to you. Needless to say, you can book short or long courses. Moreover, you can do the course in a group or privately. Impressively, our hands on Training Course Silver Service is ideal for domestic staff. Also, it is perfect for hotel and service staff and anyone who wants to be an elite waiter.
See pictures from our training with Sara Vestin Rahmani
Why our Course silver service UK?
By joining our Course silver service UK, you will add to your skills and up your game in the Elite service industry. A high percentage of today’s hospitality staff need this skill. Although silver service is an old fashioned type of service, it is popular. Needless to say, with this skill on your CV, new doors will open. Also, higher paid jobs may be in short reach. Last but not least, let our specialist teachers show you all the tricks and tools of the trade.
Course silver service UK – Facts
First of all, we want to give you some facts:
Obviously, we want you to know that Silver service is a method of food service that includes serving food at the table. Secondly, Silver service is a technique where the food is transferred of transferring food from a service dish to the guest’s plate from the left. Thirdly, Silver service is performed by a waiter by using service forks and spoons from the diner’s left. Last but not least, in France, we call Silver Service ‘service à l’anglaise’, meaning English service.
Silver Service is an expression known to many. But do you actually know what it really means, and what it all entails? We often get asked, “what is silver service?”. So clearly, the answer is not as obvious as we thought.
There are many different facets to Silver Service that can be discussed elaborately, or taught in training. However, with the below we hope to give you a brief overview of the art that is Silver Service!
- Silver Service is the all-encompassing word for all types of (mostly) food and beverage service. It is a skill that requires education in the fundamental theory supported by hands-on practice.
- You can find Silver Service practised by staff in private homes, hotels, restaurants, chalets and yachts.
- Silver service has been around for hundreds of years. However, you may not have experienced silver service dining. Unless of course you’ve eaten at high-end restaurants/hotels or worked in wealthy homes.
- Historically, upper-class British people have admired and respected the service referred to as Silver Service. It originates from the 17th and 18th century. On Sundays, the normal wait staff in a private home would be given the day off. So the Butler (head of the house and staff) would be asked to step in to serve the food to the family. Methodically, the Butler would walk around the table, serving the family or guests from his platter directly onto their plates.
How To? A Brief Overview Of Silver Service
Typically, Silver Service is performed from the left side. In France, this service is known as service à l’anglaise (“English service”).
- Food is always served from the left, drinks and plated meals from the left.
- The guest to the host/principals right is served first. (This is typically the most prominent guest of the principal).
- Service continues clockwise so you don’t bump into other servers.
- Plates and glasses are cleared from the right. Again starting with the guest to the host’s right.
- Glasses are stacked in a diagonal to the right (by course). Starting with wine and then lastly water glasses in front.
- You stand behind the guest, to the guests left side (as a general rule). Holding and supporting the silverware with food on it with your left hand. And then you serve the food with your right hand. Using your right hand you use the pincers (normally serving fork/spoon) to serve the food.
Some Basic Rules Of Silver Service
The complete rulebook of “What is Silver Service” is rather large. However the below gives you an initial idea of some of the ground rules to adhere to.
- Never leave an empty space before a guest.
- Blend into the background. Excellent service is quiet, effortless and unobtrusive.
- The ratio of servers to guests depends on a) the number of courses and b) special prep required.
- Do not touch the plates!
- Single direction service.
- Atmosphere is important.
- Temperature of the plates are either cooled or heated due the type of food being served and in guidelines with the Chef’s requirements.
- Plates are served and cleared from the left side.
- Water and wine glasses remain on the table throughout the entire meal. As guests will have their own preferences on wines/beverages drunk. Only the sherry glass is removed.
Different Types Of Silver Service
There are many different types of Silver Service. And if you are in the hospitality industry it is vital to not only know the difference, but to be able to provide them flawlessly.
- Russian Service: Service à la russe (French, “service in the Russian style”) is a manner of dining that involves courses being brought to the table sequentially.
- Butler Service: A modification of silver service. In Butler service the guest helps themselves from a serving plate held by the waiter or Butler
- Buffet Service: Guests help themselves to food.
- Tray Service: Tray service can be breakfast, lunch or supper.
- English Service: The food is plated and brought to the host. Who then passes it along the table to the guests.
- French Service: Food is brought out at once in an impressive display
- American Service: Portions of food are plated in the kitchen. Bread, butter, and salads are served on the table.
Who Could And Should Practice Silver Service
Of course, whilst working onboard yachts, you will be expected to know all forms of service. Obviously, each service will be called upon depending on the nature of the yacht, the guests and host’s taste. Needless to say, whether the setting is informal or formal, your skills should be up to speed.
Obviously, as a butler, it is vital to have knowledge of, and experience in Silver Service. Needless to say, we highly recommend enrolling in a Silver Service course if your knowledge of the subject is slightly rusty. Of course, it is vital to stay up to date with your qualifications. Therefore, joining a Silver Service course will do just that.
Who else should know silver service skills?
Whereas some households would prefer the Chef to very much stay in the background and not be actively part of the family life, instead other households have a more interactive setup. Of course, it’s mostly in these situations that knowledge of silver service is highly appreciated. Last but not least, it will really make you shine in front of the principals.
As a nanny, you might have never thought of the option, or relevance of doing a Silver Service qualification. And although your main focus and priority will always be on the children, being multi skilled have become increasingly popular.
Needless to say, many households nowadays would much rather invest (more) money in a member of staff that can be serving multiple roles. Impressively, you would become very popular if you, as their trusted childcare provider, would also be able to prepare their dinner parties. Obviously, we think you should train with us. As a result, you will learn a unique set of skills that will make you stand out. And of course become highly valued and maybe ever better paid. Last but not least, remember not to be the nanny who asks the question “what is silver service”.
How To Become Qualified In Silver Service
See pictures from our training with Sara Vestin Rahmani
Obviously, Silver Service is a complex and varied matter and to gain a full understanding of all its different facets, undertaking training or qualification is vital. Needless to say, we are proud to offer Silver Service courses of the highest standard, either on a one-to-one, tailor-made basis or in small groups.
Silver Service Staff training methods
- We first off teach you that silver service food is served from the left. Moreover, you service drinks and plated meals from the right.
- Furthermore, we will instruct you that meals are served to the diner from platters. The dishes are correspondingly not plated in the kitchen.
- Please note straight away that you should serve the guest to the host’s right is served first. This guest is usually female.
- Our teacher will show you how the service continues to the right.
- Of course, we will show you how plates are cleared from the right. Then we will instruct you how glasses are served from the right. Again, we will show you this, by starting with the guest to the host’s right.
- Furthermore, the teacher will instruct you how glasses are stacked in a diagonal to the right and away. With wine (by course) in order and then water glass in front.
- Silver service is oriented for a right-handed waiter: to serve the food. Correspondingly, the waiter stands behind the guest and to the guest’s left. Furthermore, on our course, we will show you how the waiter holds or supports the platter with their left hand. Again, you serve the food with their right hand.
- Finally, we will let you know that it is common for the waiter to hold the serving-fork above the serving-spoon both in the right hand. Then we will display the use of fingers to manipulate the two as a pincer for picking up, holding and transferring the food.
Why Silver Service Training London?
Initially, our teacher will tell you that the technique of silver service requires much practice. Moreover, on the course, we explain that it takes time to get it right. Making mistakes on the job is not fun. Our instructor will guide you in becoming confident before you start a new job. We welcome you to our Silver Service training London and become a confident Silver Service Provider.
A modification of silver service is known as butler service.
We will explain to you that, in butler service, the waiter holds the plate while the diner actually helps himself from a serving plate. Moreover, the teacher will explain that traditionally, this type of service was used on Sunday evenings. In our industry, Sunday evening was a time of rest for the staff. Our much loved butler helped out at dinner. Again, we want you to note that, in France, we call this service ‘service à la francaise’.
Why are the right Service skills important in the elite service industry?
First and foremost, please note that the UHNW world expects their staff to have the right skills to serve them. With this in mind, you need to know how to serve their meals, drinks and snacks. Your confidence should show both at meal times and in-between. Our training will give result. You see, Elite service etiquette is the key to employer satisfaction. Here are some examples of the type of service you can expect:
Accordingly, those who can master this skill, deserve respect. By training, you will gain confidence and etiquette. We will make you good in performing all of the above named styles of services.
What the course covers
1: Introduction to Service on Yachts
- First of all, personal Presentation
- Secondly, definition of Service and the role of the Service Provider
- Moreover, understanding Menus
- Of course, table Settings & Napkin Folding
2: Preparation for service
- Order of Service
- Service Styles
- Order of Clearance
3: Understanding service of
- At Table
- Tea and Coffee
- Wine and Water
- Last but not least, Hors d’oeuvres/Canapés/Appetizer
See pictures from our training with Sara Vestin Rahmani
Hotel Silver Service staff training
Interestingly, our teachers travel across the globe to deliver Silver Service staff training to various establishments looking to polish their staff or up their game. Of course, the ROI is fast and our corporate clients ask us to come back year after year.
What we teach on the Silver Service staff training
Impressively, our Silver Service staff training takes place in real life settings and the training is also very hands on. The training covers:
- Table Setting
- Greeting Guests
- Silver Service
- Service Techniques
- Taking the Order
- Plate Service
- Napkin Folding
- Guest care
- Elite service
- VIP care
When to book the Silver Service staff training
Needless to say, our teachers booked up early so please be sure to contact us soon if you are serious.Of course, this Silver Service staff training will make you instantly certified. Moreover, you will make friends for life on our popular and fun courses. Our students are known to get high paid roles after they graduate.
Finally, give us a ring on +442032900142 and of course, you can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kind Regards, The British Butler Academy
Interestingly, watch us on our internet channels:
See impressive pictures from our training with Sara Vestin Rahmani